Edit:- The original question was “which is the most developed “state” of pakistan?
Pakistan does not have any “state” , but has four “provinces”:-
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(NWFP)
Punjab is regarded as the breadbasket province in Pakistan. I heard a someone saying “Without Punjab, there will be no Pakistan left”
Some facts about Punjab, Pakistan:-
- Its HDI is highest among all the Pakistani provinces.
- It is the Most populated province of Pakistan and contains 60% of Pakistan’s total population.
- It is the second largest province in terms of land area, after Baluchistan
- It has the highest literacy rate among all the provinces
- It has the least poverty ratio among all provinces.
- A Majority of Pakistan’s total GDP comes from Punjab.
- It is the main contributor to the service sector of pakistan
- It has the most fertile land in Pakistan compared to other provinces. Therefore,Punjab also dominates in the agricultural sector of pakistan.
- Since 1950s it got industrialised rapidly. Some highly industrialised cities of Pakistani Punjab are Lahore, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Multan, Sargodha, Gujranwala and Gujrat . Currently It is the most industrialised province of pakistan. It produces 90% of the paper, 71% of fertilisers, 69% of sugar and 40% of the cement of pakistan.
- It is a mineral rich province and has excessive deposits of coal, iron, petrol, gas and rock salt
- It hosts major military bases like the ones in Rawalpindi and Sargodha. It also hosted several key sites of Pakistan’s nuclear program.
- Lahore and Gujranwala districts have largest concentration of small light engineering units.
- Sialkot district excels in the production of sports goods, cultery goods surgical instruments.